Partner – Paris Bar
Litigation • Criminal
- Support of a company specialized in driver assistance systems with regards to a litigation related to share purchase warrants and a request of requalifaction of services delivery into an employment contract.
- Support of a services to individuals specialized group in a shareholders litigation with regards to the forced execution of a synallagmatic sale agreement of a retirement home and the implementation of protective measures.
- Support of a pharmaceutical laboratory with regards to two criminal and commercial disputes against one supplier and one sub-contractor.
- Support of an Italian pharmaceutical laboratory with regards to a dispute against a service provider (communication agency) related to a promotion campaign and several disputes related to the termination of established commercial relationships.
- Support of an investment fund with regards to a dispute against a portfolio company’s partners (high-quality catering company) related to the invalidity of the sale agreement for fraud with receivership proceedings.
- Support of an e-commerce site in the context of a compliance audit regarding computer licenses led by the distributing company.
- Support of an investment fund following the misappropriation of several million euros committed in the context of “CEO fraud”. Introduction of criminal and civil bank liability proceedings.
- Introduction and follow-up of several ‘Article 145’, commercial and arbitration proceedings for a major retail chain, in disputes with its former employees who joined rival chains, in breach of its rights.
- Support with another of the firm’s partners of a League 1 football club, in the context of its disputes with players’ agents, service provider companies and other football clubs after transfers of professional players.
- Follow-up of several ad hoc mandate proceedings in the context of bitter shareholder disputes.
- Support of a number of clients (travel, retail, media sector, etc.) in the handling of their difficulties (conciliation, safeguarding, judicial liquidation).
- Assistance of a number of the firm’s clients in the context of ‘Article 145′ measures taken in their business premises or at directors’ homes.
- Support of former directors of an industrial cleaning group subject to judicial liquidation in a number of proceedings (coverage of liabilities, personal bankruptcy, tax fraud).
- Support of a sports betting company in a dispute with a European football association, relating to its capacity as organiser of online betting in the context of Euro 2016.
- Support of a publishing and high-end furniture distribution company in a number of disputes with its franchisees and partners (carriers).
- Action for unfair competition and parasitical business practices against former employees and shareholders of a leading global company in alarm servers and real-time communications solutions.
- T: +33 1 53 53 44 44
- E: email@example.com
- Commercial disputes
- Disputes between shareholders and post-acquisition
- Criminal business law
- Defence of directors and corporate officers
- Investigatory measures
- Prevention of company difficulties
Louis-Marie is ranked among the best commercial litigation (post-acquisitions, shareholder disputes) and criminal business law lawyers by Legal 500 and Chambers.
Louis-Marie regularly represents the firm’s clients before civil, commercial and criminal courts and in the context of ad hoc arbitration proceedings. He is primarily involved in company law and shareholder disputes and in commercial litigation related, in particular, to non-performance and premature termination of contracts.
Louis-Marie has recognised expertise in unfair competition and, as such, is regularly involved in preventive ‘Article 145’ procedures (observational measures and computerised entry of data), and in the prevention of company difficulties (conciliation, ad hoc mandate). He supports and also defends directors and corporate officers upon their engagement or their exit. He also advises the firm’s clients in financial and economic criminal law. He is renowned for his mastery of preventive measures and crisis situations.
Louis-Marie practised with the firms Archibald Andersen and Granrut before joining the firm’s Litigation and Arbitration team in December 2003. He was made partner within this department in January 2007.
Chambers Global 2023
Litigation – Band 4
What the team is known for
Reinhart Marville Torre is noted for its provision of litigation services on civil as well as commercial disputes. The team acts on liability, unfair competition and shareholder disputes, with further capabilities on proceedings arising from distribution agreements. The practice advises clients hailing from the IT, insurance and real estate sectors.
Best lawyers 2022
Décideurs Contentieux et Arbitrage – 2022
Contentieux commercial – Excellent
Droit pénal des affaires – Excellent
Contentieux financier et haut de bilan – Forte notoriété
Droit de la distribution – Forte notoriété
Médiation – Forte notoriété
Arbitrage international – Pratique réputée
Droit de la franchise – Pratique de qualité
Option Droit et Affaires 2022
Contentieux d’acquisition – 4*
Droit pénal des Affaires et en matière de sanctions AMF – 4*
Contentieux financier, boursier et réglementaire AMF – 2*
Procédures collectives – 1*
Prévention des difficultés et renégociation de dettes – 1*
Legal 500 2022
Résolution des litiges – Contentieux commercial et de droit des sociétés – Tier 2 Firm
Reinhart Marville Torre dispose d’un effectif nombreux et expérimenté, capable de traiter un large éventail de litiges. La pratique affiche une solide expertise en matière de contentieux commercial, à laquelle font appel de grands clients français et internationaux, y compris pour la gestion de dossiers particulièrement sensibles dans le secteur de la distribution. Le cabinet est également régulièrement mandaté pour traiter des contentieux post fusions-acquisitions et des conflits d’actionnaires. Le champ d’expertises couvre enfin le droit pénal et le contentieux bancaire et financier, ainsi que des litiges touchant au secteur sportif – l’équipe traite notamment un différend très médiatique devant les institutions arbitrales sportives.
Legal 500 2022
Résolution des litiges – Droit pénal des affaires – Tier 3
L’équipe de Reinhart Marville Torre combine de solides compétences en matière de contentieux judiciaire et de droit pénal des affaires. Jean Reinhart est mandaté par de grandes entreprises et des personnes physiques mises en cause dans des affaires sensibles ; portant notamment sur des accusations de corruption internationale et de fraude. Il intervient dans plusieurs dossiers de place actuellement en cours. Le cabinet traite aussi des affaires mettant en cause des personnalités politiques, la police ou des acteurs du secteur de la défense.
- “Appropriate use of Article 145: a juggling act for an effective and timely measure”
To safeguard the effectiveness of the ‘Article 145’ measures, Louis-Marie Absil and Fanny Rocaboy offer a future context based on experiences and discussions with the main players: a plaintiff measured in their approach, a judge involved in the follow-up of the measure laid down, a non-excessive defendant upon enforcement of the measure but responsive and alert to compliance with their fundamental rights…
Option Droit & Affaires, 23 January 2013
>> Read the article
- “Unfair competition/Search for evidence. The judge: one of the key players in the effectiveness of the ‘Article 145’ measure”
The discussion between the judge and the plaintiff’s counsel, in advance of the order, is vital to defining a useful, realistic and effective framework to preserve the plaintiff’s legitimate rights and the fundamental rights of the defendant. By Louis-Marie Absil and Fanny Rocaboy
Lettre des Juristes d’Affaires, 29 October 2012
- Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA) in Taxation and public finances – Paris II Panthéon-Assas
- Langues: French/English