Pierre-Menno de Girard
Partner – Paris Bar
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Industrial projects and joint ventures
- Complex contracts
- Restructuring operations
- Biotechnologies – Health: licence, research and development, manufacturing and manufacturing sub-contracting agreements
- Information technologies: licence, research and development and outsourcing agreements
- Telecommunications: agreements relating to infrastructure construction, development and operation
- Maîtrise de Droit privé général – Paris II Panthéon-Assas
- Gradutated in Economy and Finance – Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris
- Languages: French/English
For a number of years Pierre-Menno has been ranked among the leading players in France in transactional matters in the information technologies, media and telecommunications sectors.
Pierre-Menno is an experienced lawyer in transactional matters and particularly in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and complex contracts. He advises French and international groups upon their establishment, development and reorganisation both in France and abroad. In addition to his initial practice in the industrial sector, he has developed a specialisation in transactions involving the new technologies, media and telecommunications sectors.
Pierre-Menno began his career with the firm Siméon & Associés where he became partner in 1996. He joined Lovells, as partner in 2001, as a result of the merger between Siméon & Associés and Lovells. He has been a partner of the firm since 2007.
Pierre-Menno is Vice-President of the M&A commission of the International Association of Lawyers (Union Internationale des Avocats). He is also a member of the Association of Legal Specialists of Sciences-Po (Association des Juristes de Sciences-Po).
- Counsel to an American foundation in the context of an acquisition of a significant minority stake in a French biotechnology company specialised in research on autism and the negotiation of a licence agreement with a large European pharmaceutical group
- Counsel to a new player in the car-sharing business with a view to establishing a network for the rental of electric scooters on a vehicle-share basis, in the context of raising €15 m in capital and preparing and negotiating various partnership, industrial and commercial agreements necessary for the development and implementation of the service.
- Counsel to a leading group in the linen industry, in the context of its restructuring via OBO.
- Counsel to a leading listed group in neutral colocation and managed services, in the context of the acquisition and construction of data centres.
- Counsel to an agency for the management and investment of a foreign country’s pension assets, in the context of various acquisition and joint venture projects in France.
- Counsel to a global leader in car manufacturing in the context of the disposal of 50% of one of its subsidiaries and the negotiation of a joint venture contract with the purchaser.
- Counsel to a leading group in the publication of professional, financial and legal information listed on the NYSE and the TSX, in the context of its establishment and development through external growth and the reorganisation of its activities in France.
- « High Level Presentation of the Different Exist Routes from Private Equity »
UIA 2015 Frankfurt
- « Governance of Joint-Ventures »
UIA 2014 Florence
- « Reprise des sociétés en difficulté : réforme des procédures collectives (Loi Florange, cas Alstom et Ascometal) »
UIA 2014 Lisbonne
- « Corporate governance : Rights and Obligations of Shareholders in Listed Companies »
UIA 2013 Macao
- « The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Corporate Governance – The Risk Management – Overview »
UIA 2013 Paris
- « Distressed M&A in France: A Snapshot of Law & Governance in Times of Crises »
UIA 2012 Dresde
- « Opérations M&A inférieures à 100 millions d’euros – 4* »
Option Finance 2015
- « Opérations M&A inférieures à 75 M€ – Excellent »
Décideurs Stratégies, Finances et Droit 2014
- « Fusions-acquisitions »
Legal 500 Paris 2014