Marion Lambert Barret
Avocat – Counsel
- White-collar crime
- Commercial & Corporate litigation (contractual disputes, shareholders disputes, defense of corporate officers, etc.)
- Compliance (Sapin II)
- Master II in European Business Law – Paris II Panthéon Assas
- Lecturer at the Paris Bar School (EFB) – Civil procedure
- Langues:French / English / German
Marion’s practice focuses on white-collar crime cases as well as contractual litigation. She heads, with Fanny Rocaboy, the firm’s Compliance practice.
To answer the needs of her clients, companies or individuals, Marion advises, assists and represents them before criminal, civil and commercial courts.
She works on complex and multi-jurisdictional white-collar crime cases (fraud, bribery, favouritism, misappropriation, forgery and use, computer-related fraud, etc.), particularly for listed or non-listed companies in the banking, industrial and financial industries.
Furthermore, in order to support the rise of Compliance under French law, Marion is involved in the implementation or review of compliance policy programs, in the control procedures conducted by the French Anti-Corruption Agency and in the training of top management or operational staff in the fight against white-collar crimes, particularly in regards to bribery.
These activities require legal rigour, listening skills, flexibility and responsiveness.
After first being Associate within Sarrau Thomas Couderc in M&A, Marion joined Reinhart Marville Torre in 2008.
- “Participation in the drafting of the 2007 mergers & acquisition guide”
- “Legal Update”
Option Finance, June 2016
- “Newsletter – Compliance Sapin II”
- “Newsletter – Compliance Sapin II”
- Support of a company specialized in driver assistance systems with regards to a litigation related to share purchase warrants and a request of requalifaction of services delivery into an employment contract.
- Assistance to a company manager (turnover>€100M, industry sector) in connection with a criminal investigation concerning bribery of foreign public officials (contractual relationship with an African country)
- Assistance to a group in the context of a criminal investigation concerning allegations of fraudulent use of corporate assets and inaccurate financial statements
- Representing a group (turnover>€100M, energy sector) in the context of a preliminary investigation concerning allegations of bribery of foreign public officials (contractual relationships with a Latin American country)
- Representing a company (turnover>€1 BN) in an arbitration proceeding initiated on the basis of a fraud during the acquisition of a company
- Assistance to several companies (turnover>€30M, renewable energy sector) before the criminal court and the Court of Appeal for misleading commercial practices and delivery of non-compliant contractual documentation
- Assistance to a company (turnover>€1BN, banking sector) in the context of a criminal investigation, in particular an open investigation on the charge of bribery of foreign public officials and money laundering
- Assistance to a former manager (industry sector) in the context of a criminal investigation, in particular allegations of terrorist financing
- Assistance to a manager (aeronautics sector) in the context of an investigation concerning allegations of fraudulent use of corporate assets
- Representing an executive in a preliminary investigation conducted on the grounds of favouritism for the award of public contracts
- Advising a company in a commercial and contractual dispute in order to seek the performance of works, the payment of termination indemnities and other matters involving a stake exceeding one million euros
- Assistance to a company (turnover>€7M, financial industry) in a dispute relating to the parent company’s interference in the management of its subsidiary
- Advising a company (turnover>100M€, industry sector) as part of an investigation procedure before the World Bank
- Assistance of a group (turnover > 500M€, personal service) in the implementation of Sapin II law’s requirements related to internal alert systems
- Representing two companies (trading of building material sector) in the implementation of anti-corruption policy programs to comply with Sapin II requirements.